Laser Hair Removal
Hair will no longer grow at all
For darker and lighter skin tones
FDA Approved Medical Grade
It’s time to get excited about laser hair removal, regardless of skin type, skin tone, or hair type. It’s one of the most popular non-invasive cosmetic procedures in the United States for a reason.
Our Gentle Max laser device is equipped with the latest technology. It is able to target pigmented hair from all skin types. It is safe for skin types 1-6 on the Fitzpatrick scale. Men and Women with all skin tones can be safely treated with our laser hair removal system.
What laser do we use, and why?
The Candela GentleMax is the most effective laser hair removal system on the market today. The Candela GentleMax combines two platforms: Alexandrite for light skin tones an ND-YAG for darker skin tones. The Nd-Yag also works great on thick, curly, and strong hair.
The system combines the power of the Alexandrite laser and the Nd-Yag laser to provide safe, high speed, effective, and comfortable laser hair removal with high patient satisfaction and comfort.
Does Laser hair removal hurt?
The Candela GentleMax system comes with a dynamic cooling device, making it almost painless, and the treatment safe and comfortable. This is a one-two punch of cold and heat that takes less than a second which means clients will remain perfectly comfortable throughout the procedure. Our clients say that waxing is more painful than laser removal.
How do I get ready for laser hair removal?
- 𝗦𝗛𝗔𝗩𝗘: Unlike before a waxing session, you’ll want to shave before you go in for this procedure. Shaving not only removes the longer hair; it exfoliates the top layer of skin, giving the laser direct access to the hair follicle.
- 𝗡𝗢 𝗦𝗨𝗡: You should avoid sun exposure for a few weeks before the procedure. At Pristine Spa we offer the best in totally natural sun protection, ask your clinician about it. Continue to protect your skin for the follow-up sessions in the coming weeks to optimize results in the fewest session possible.
- 𝗡𝗢 𝗪𝗔𝗫: Don’t wax or pluck for four to six weeks before a session. If there’s no hair there, the laser can’t target its follicle.
How many sessions does it take to see results?
Typically, permanent hair removal with the Candela GentleMax system requires 4-6 treatments, but some clients might require more or less.
The number of laser hair removal sessions a client needs depends on many factors including but not limited to skin tone, the color of hair, age, genetics any medical issues, prescribed medication being taken, and hormonal factors.
The usual waiting time is 4-6 weeks in between treatments depending on the area of the body being treated.
Why you need to wait between laser hair removal sessions?
- The first reason is that you need to let your skin rest and regenerate after a session of laser hair removal.
- The second reason is follicle regeneration. Indeed, some follicles will be more resistant than others to the laser. Thus, they may need more than one session to stop the follicle from growing more hair. When a hair follicle is not entirely out of service, it will regenerate and grow new hair again. Repetitively targeting resistant follicles will prevent them from producing additional growth.
- The third reason is of course, the hair growth cycle that is different for each client, for each area of the body, and every follicle, follicles are not created equally.
What should I do or not do after the laser hair treatment?
- Avoid extended UV exposure (sun) for a minimum of 14 days post-treatment.
- Avoid any additional laser treatments or chemical procedures on the treated area for at least two weeks post-treatment.
- Using a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 30 or higher which can be purchased here at Pristine Spas is critical when receiving laser treatments and is recommended ongoing for maintenance.
- To achieve the best results, complete the full treatment schedule at the intervals recommended by your laser technician.
What is the cost for Laser hair removal?
The cost of laser hair removal depends on many factors. However, at Pristine Spas, as has always been the case we will provide the best pricing out there and use only the best equipment to ensure that you get the best results as quickly as possible. We will get the job done more efficiently and effectively than anyone else out there, making sure you need the least amount of sessions possible.